2011 My Adventure Continues

This year I returned to Hoi An once again for 6 weeks to help in the program. I had a great time firstly as Swim Vietnam were presenting at the World Conference on Drowning Prevention which was very exciting as I was one of three presenters for Swim Vietnam speaking on my volunteer experience and what I have done for the program since. We made great contacts with other like programs around the world and with organisations like Surf Lifesaving Australia, Royal Lifesaving Aus and Austswim and Swim Australia.

After the conference I then started in the program teaching the children and assisting the teachers in the pool, developing training sessions for the 15 employed Vietnamese teachers which I presented at a dedicated training day with a theory and practical sessions on Floating and Adult swim program development. I also and provided administration assistance to the Swim Program Director Jo Stewart. I was kept very busy and it was so rewarding to be able to help in anyway I could.

Back in Australia I have gathered my Water Skills for Life Committee and we are looking at holding several events in the next 12 months to help raise funds for the Swim Vietnam Program and provide assistance to other volunteer programs here in Australia.

Until next time…why not give a skill for life to save a life..

Tanya
President
Water Skills for Life
www.waterskillsforlife.org.au

No comments:

Post a Comment